Message from the Chair
December! I’m not sure about the rest of you but this year is flying by! I love this time of year and all of the wonderful activities and warm feelings that come with it! In the spirit of giving, and to help teach our children how important it is to think of others during the holiday season, we have chosen to collect donations in support of the Kids Kottage Foundation for yet another year. This is a crisis nursery for children in the Edmonton area that ensures children are safe and parents are supported while a family is going through a crisis. The needs of the nursery are wide and varied. We have mentioned a few things below from their list of items from their “wish list”. Please visit their website for a full list and explore for further ideas and information. For the month of December, we will have a collection box in the classroom for these items and encourage all families to help in our quest to make this a wonderful and joyous holiday season for all children in our city.
Kids Kottage Wish list:
- Baby shampoo (without conditioner)
- Children’s 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner
- Zincofax diaper cream
- New or gently used children’s clothes size 2-8
- Please visit http://www.kidskottage.org/view-our-wishlist for a full list.
With winter weather comes questions around class cancellations. Please be advised that classes will only be cancelled if the temperature is -35°Celsius or below. For any other situations compromising safety, such as heavy snowfall with no road clearance, your class representative will notify you if classes will be cancelled. Classes cancelled due to cold weather will not be made up.
As well, just a reminder that you are not allowed to park in the bus lane directly in front of the school or in the teacher parking lot beside the school. Your help is much appreciated!
Important dates in December:
- December 3rd – Teacher planning afternoon – No 4 PM class
- December 3rd – Toy cleaning
- December 5th – Committee meeting (6:45-8:30pm) Lymburn School Music Room
- December 8th – Bingo (Saturday) West Edmonton Mall 10:45 pm till 3:30 pm
- December 17th – Glow Yoga M/W/F in class
- December 20th – 3 year old (Tu/Thurs) classes Christmas parties
- 3am party is from 9 to 10:30 in the hall behind the school
- 3pm party is from 1 to 2:30 in the hall behind the school
- December 21st– 4 year old (M/W/F) classes Christmas parties
- 4am party is from 9 to 10:30 in the hall behind the school
- 4pm party is from 1 to 2:30 in the hall behind the school
- December 24th 2018 to January 7th 2019 (Inclusive) – No School- Winter/Christmas Break
Important dates in January:
- January 6th – Bingo at West Edmonton Mall, Sunday. 5:00-9:30pm.
- January 7th – Toy cleaning
- January 7th – First day back to school for M/W/F classes
- January 8th – First day back to school for T/Th classes
- January 9th – Combo meeting – Parent Committee meeting 5:30 to 7 pm Parent meeting (7-9pm Callingwood Lymburn Community Hall 18710-72 Ave. the hall behind Lymburn School)
*We will accept registration for returning families at this meeting*
- Call for Volunteers: Our playschools success is built on our committed parent volunteers. At this parent meeting, we will discuss that we are looking for a variety of possible positions to be filled by June 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Accepting registration for returning families for the 2019-2020 school year at the January 9, 2019 – Parent Meeting
- January 15th – Teacher planning afternoon – No 3 PM class
- January 17th – Telus World of Science Field Trip both Tues/Thurs classes 1:00 till 3:30
- January 18th – Musical Munchkins – M/W/F in class.
- January 18th – Registration for Alumni Families 9:00-9:30am outside the CLCP classroom January 24th – Open house – Classroom – 6-7:30 pm. We will accept registration for new families for the 2019/2020 school year at this time.
Wishing you all the best as the holidays approach,
December 2018 Newsletter (1) December M W F Calendar 2018 (1) December Tues Thurs Calendar 2018 (1)