Message from the Chair
Hello playschool families,
It’s hard to believe that we are into our last few weeks of playschool! I would like to thank our teachers, Annette Graham and Cathey Chisholm, for a wonderful year with our children. As parents, we are so lucky to have the opportunity to watch our kids thrive and learn in such a warm and enriching environment! Your dedication and enthusiasm is so appreciated by everyone!
I would also like to thank all the parents who have contributed to a successful year, through your parent helper days, fundraising & toy cleaning efforts, and volunteering to help at special events. We couldn’t do it without you!
I have been fortunate to be involved on the parent committee over the last 6 years. We, as volunteer parents have achieved great things! We have an online presence that has been greatly improved. Our registration system has come leaps and bounds. The classroom has seen many new pieces added to enhance our children’s time at CLCP. We have developed a system that allows an easy transition from year to year with outgoing and incoming CLCP-Parent Committee. I have made some wonderful friendships and gained skills I didn’t realize were there to be had volunteering. Thank you to all I’ve had the pleasure to work alongside these last 6 years!
June 1 is our changeover meeting where we will be welcoming several new committee members for the 2017/18 school year. The new members will receive a brief orientation to the Parent Committee and have a chance to meet with their outgoing counterparts. We look forward to seeing everyone at our Year End Carnival on June 16th!
Important dates in June:
- June 1st – Committee changeover meeting (7-9 pm) Location change to CLCL Hall beside Lymburn school
- June 14th – Last day of school for MWF class
- June 15th – Last day of school for Tues/Thurs class
- June 16th – Carnival Day
- June 19th – Year end Toy cleaning – including carpets
For our returning parents for 2017-2018 school year – the calendar can be found here and the September newsletter will be distributed Mid-August 2017.
Important dates for September:
- September 4th – Labour Day
- September 7th – Combo Meeting – CLCP-PC meeting (5:00-6:45 pm) followed by the General Parent Meeting (7-9pm). Meetings will be located at the Callingwood-Lymburn Community Hall
- September 11th – MWF Parented Day
- September 12th – T/TH Parented Day
- September 13th – First Day of MWF Classes
- September 14th – First Day of T/TH classes
Enjoy the summer!