Message from the Chair
December! I’m not sure about the rest of you but this year is flying by! I love this time of year and all of the wonderful activities and warm feelings that come with it! In the spirit of giving, and to help teach our children how important it is to think of others during the holiday season, we have chosen to collect donations in support of the Kids Kottage Foundation for yet another year. This is a crisis nursery for children in the Edmonton area that ensures children are safe and parents are supported while a family is going through a crisis. The needs of the nursery are wide and varied. We have mentioned a few things below from their list of items from their “wish list”. Please visit their website for a full list and explore for further ideas and information. For the month of December, we will have a collection box in the classroom for these items, and encourage all families to help in our quest to make this a wonderful and joyous holiday season for all children in our city.
Kids Kottage Wish list
(Please visit http://www.kidskottage.org/view-our-wishlist for a full list):
- Toddler toothbrushes
- Baby shampoo (without conditioner)
- Children’s 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner
- Zincofax diaper cream
- New or gently used children’s clothes size 2-8
With winter weather comes questions around class cancellations. Please be advised that classes will only be cancelled if the temperature is -35°Celsius or below. For any other situations compromising safety, such as heavy snowfall with no road clearance, you will be notified by your class representative if classes will be cancelled. Classes cancelled due to cold weather will not be made up.
As well, just a reminder that you are not allowed to park in the bus lane directly in front of the school or in the teacher parking lot beside the school. Your help is much appreciated!
Important dates in December:
- December 1st – Committee meeting (7-9pm) Callingwood Rec Centre meeting room
- December 2nd – Teacher planning afternoon – No 4 PM class
- December 5th – Toy cleaning
- December 18th – Bingo (Sunday) – West Edmonton mall (10:45am-3:30pm)
- December 22nd – 3 year old classes Christmas parties
- 3am party is from 9 to 10:30 in the hall behind the school
- 3pm party is from 1 to 2:30 in the hall behind the school
- December 23rd – 4 year old classes Christmas parties
- 4am party is from 9 to 10:30 in the hall behind the school
- 4pm party is from 1 to 2:30 in the hall behind the school
- December 26, 2016 to January 6, 2017 (Inclusive) – No School- Winter/Christmas Break
Important dates in January:
- January 9th – First day back to school for MWF classes
- January 10th – First day back to school for T/Th classes
- January 12th – Parent meeting
- (7-9 pm Callingwood Recreation Meeting Room Second Floor)
*Please note that in the past this meeting was held at the school, take note of the venue change*
Call for Volunteers: Our playschools success is built on our committed parent volunteers. At this parent meeting, we will discuss that we are looking for a variety of possible positions: chair, roster coordinator, 3 am and 3 pm class representatives to be filled by June 2017 for the 2017-2018 school year.
We will also be accepting registration for returning families for the 2017-2018 school year at the January 12, 2017 – Parent Meeting
A complete registration must include ALL necessary forms of payment attached to the registration form. Only complete registrations will secure your child’s spot on the class list.
Wishing you all the best as the holidays approach,